- Rico: "Sea Cruise" b/w "Carolina" - Prod. by Dick Cuthell & Rico Rodriguez; released on 7": 2Tone /Chrysalis CHSTT 15 /UK, Oct. 1980; " Now here was a real gem, but it's instrumental nature (Rico preferred to let his trombone do the talking) meant that it never really was destined for chart success." (George Marshall, 1990); 2Tone.info
As band memberEdit
- The Special AKA: Live! Too Much Too Young ("Skinhead Symphony" / "Guns Of Navarone") - released on 7" EP: 2Tone /Chrysalis CHSTT 7 /UK; released on 12": 2Tone /Chysalis 9198 713 /D etc.
- The Specials: "International Jet Set" - Prod. by Jerry Dammers & Dave Jordan; released on 7"-side: 2Tone CHS TT 12-B /UK
- The Specials (feat. Rico): "Do Nothing" - Prod. by Dave Jordan; released on 7"-side: 2Tone CHS TT 16-A /UK
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: "Black Petty Booshwah" - Prod. by Linton Kwesi Johnson; released on 7"-side: Island WIP 6554 /UK
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: "De Black Petty Booshwah" / "Straight To Madray's Head" b/w Linton Kwesi Johnson feat. Rico & Dickage: "Action Line" / "Action Line Dub" - Prod. by LKJ/Dennis Bovell; released on 12": Island 12 WIP 6554 /UK
- Janet Kay And Rico: "Silhouette" - Prod. by Clem Bushay; released on 12"-side: Bushays B 108-A /UK
- Janet-K, Prince Jazzbo & Rico: "Silhouette Gone Clear" - Prod. Clem Bushay; released on 12"-side: Bushays B 108-B /UK
- The Session Men: "Solitude" - feat. Abu Baka; released on 12": LKJ Records LKJ 001 /UK
- Laurel Aitken: "Rudi Got Married" b/w "Honey Come Back to Me" (7": I-Spy /Arista /UK)
As band memberEdit
- The Specials: More Specials (LP: 2Tone /Chrysalis /UK) - re-issued on CD: Chrysalis
- The Specials: Live At The Lyceum (Promo-LP: Chysalis)
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: Bass Culture (LP: Island /UK)
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: LKJ in Dub (LP: Island /UK)
- The Members: 1980 - The Choice Is Yours (Album)
- "Carry Go Bring Come", track on: The Selecter: Too Much Pressure (LP: 2Tone /UK), various re-issues on compilations
- "Black & Blue" track on: The Selecter: Too Much Pressure (LP: 2Tone /UK)
- Sons Of Jah: Reggae Hit Showcase (Album)
- V.A.: 21st Century Dub (2LP /Japan) - re-issue 1991 (CD: Danceteria /ROIR)
- Z: In Berlin (LP: Rocktopus /D)Rico on "Legalize Erdbeereis" and "Der Geist"
- V.A.: The Bluebeat Years - The Birth Of A Music (LP: Ariola 202 829-270 /D) - Compiled by Rob Bell. He remembers: "I dealt with him [Emil Shallit] in 1979-80 when Island licensed a few cuts for The Blue Beat Years. The Birth Of A Music album that I put together, attempting to trace the influence of R&B on Jamaican music. For some reason or other, he changed his mind after Island pressed the thing, and it got withdrawn. (The LP briefly surfaced in Germany only, and is now a considerable rarity.)" (Koningh, 2003, pp. 69/70)
- Dandy Livingston: "Rudy, A Message To You" - released on 7"-side: Trojan 6.12678 /DE; reissue of Dandy's 1967 title, remixed by Clem Bushay for this release
As band memberEdit
- The Specials: "Ghost Town" - Prod. by John Collins; released on 7"-side: 2Tone CHSTT 17-A /UK; extended version released on 12"-side: 2Tone CHSTT 1217-A /UK (with Rico's horn solo!)
- The Specials: "Why?" - Prod. by John Collins; released on 7"-side: 2Tone CHSTT 17-B /UK; released on 12"-side: 2Tone CHSTT 1217-B /UK
- Rico: That Man Is Forward (LP: 2Tone /Chrysalis CHRTT 5005 /UK) - re-issue with Jama Rico on one CD: Chrysalis VDBD-1005 /Japan only 2Tone.info; re-issue 1998: That Man Is Forward (CD: Reggae Retro)
- Deadly Headly: 35 Years From Alpha (LP: On-U-Sound ON-U LP 14 /UK); extended re-issue 1999; on "35 Years From Alpha and Two From Alpha"
- Toots & The Maytals: Knock Out! (LP: Island /UK)
- Cedric Myton & The Congos: Face The Music (LP: GoFeet /UK) - re-issue 1995: Cedric Myton & Congo: Face The Music (CD: VP) with different cover
- Cedric Myton & The Congos: "Can't Take It Away" b/w "Can't Take It Away (version)" - Prod. by Cedric Myton; released on 12": Go Feet FEET 1210 /UK
- Sammy Dread: Mr. Music (LP: JL Records)
- Chas Jankel: Questionaire (LP)
- Chas Jankel: Chasanova (LP: A&M); solo on "Magic of Music"
- Joan Armatrading: Walk Under Ladders (LP: A&M); on "Romancers"
- Dennis Bovell: Brain Damage (2LP: Fontana /UK)
- The Specials: "Man At C&A" - track on: V.A. Dance Craze (LP: 2Tone TT 5004); "The horn section of Dick Cuthell and Rico Rodriguez are particularly effective on this track, giving it a real air of imminent doom."
- Kirsty MacColl: "Goodnight Paris" / "Germany" / "Shutting The Doors" / "Don't Ask Me" - Co-written by Kirsty MacColl and Alan Lee Shaw (Damned) and recorded at Regents Park Studios with the help of Jools Holland, Pino Palladino, Rico, Dick Cuthell and Lu Edmonds (ex-Damned, Edge & Pil ...) Source: [Kirsty MacColl]
- Rico And The Special AKA: "Jungle Music" b/w "Rasta Call You" - Prod. by Jerry Dammers (Jungle Music); Dick Cuthell (Rasta Call You); released on 7": 2Tone CHSTT 19, 12": 2Tone CHS TT 1219), 12" with additional track: Easter Island; 2Tone.info
- Rico: Jama Rico (LP: 2Tone /Chrysalis CHRTT 5006 /UK) - reissued with That Man Is Forward on one CD: 2Tone/Japan only; 2Tone.info
- Michael Smith: Mi C-Yaan Believe It (LP: LKJ Records /UK, Mango /US)
- Rico: What You're Talking About on 2LP: V.A.: Music And Rhythm (WEA)
- Paul Young: No Parlez (LP: CBS)
- I-Benjahmin: Introducing Fraction Of Jah Action (LP)
- Jungle Music, re-release on Sampler: V.A.: This Are Two Tone (LP: 2Tone /Chrysalis CHR TT 5007)
- Mickey Dread: "Roots & Culture" - released on 12": DEP International /UK; reissue on 10": Mickey Dread: "Roots & Cuture" b/w DATC Dub Crew: "Jungle Signal" (Draed At The Control DATC TI-01 /S-57876, UK, 2005); "Jungle Signal" is the instrumental part of "Roots & Culture" as released on Dread's LP: Pave The Way.
- The Special AKA: "Break Down The Door" - Prod. by Jerry Dammers; released on 12"-side: 2Tone CHSTT 1226-B /UK
- The Special AKA: "What I Like Most About You Is Your Girlfriend" - Prod. by Jerry Dammers; released on 7"-side: 2Tone CHS TT 27-A; released on 12"-side: 2Tone CHS TT 1227-A; 2Tone.info
- Mickey Dread: Pave The Way (2LP: DEP International /UK)
- Ian Dury: 4000 Weeks Holiday (LP: Stiff /UK)
- The Special AKA: In The Studio (LP: 2Tone /UK) - 2Tone.info
Rico Rodriguez' first engagement after several years in Jamaica for Swiss reggae band:
- Heart Beat Band: "Crossroads" b/w "Can't Stop Rudie" / "Singing Her Name" - Prod. by Heart Beat Band / Fizzè; released on 12": Mensch Music AGR 003 /CH; re-released on Peeni Waali: The Eve (2CD: Mensch /CH, 1999/2000)
- "That Man Is Forward", on V.A.: The Two Tone Story (2LP: 2Tone /Chrysalis CHR TT 5009)
- V.A.: Shufflin' On Bond Street (LP: Trojan)
- V.A.: Let's Ska Again (CD: Charly)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.