Z was a Berlin based new wave band with some records released between 1980 and 1982. The reached a certain regognition with a track called Legalize Erdbeereis, which was honored by some hornlines from Rico Rodriguez.
In 1980 the music scene in Berlin changed quickly its main form of expression. Along with some really new bands developing in a similar way as punk and no wave in the Uk or the US many older musicians saw a chance for some commercial success with the birth of the "Neue Deutsche Welle". Many musicians were given contracts and subsequently they released a lot of records.
Most of the musicians of Z were for quite a long time on the local scene mostly playing R'n'B. With Engish vocalist David McCormack they released the single Erdbeereis with a ska beat and a first LP In Berlin. Local media were shure that the band will survive most of the other outfits. But even for Z time was over after two years.
- Klemens Domning (b, voc)
- Johannes Fuchs (keyb)
- Michael Kurzawa (g)
- Gerhard Helle (dr)
- David McCormack (voc)
- Legalize Erdbeereis b/w Big Blue Caddillac (7": Rocktopus /Hansa 102 017 /DE)
- Der Geist b/w All In The Mind (7": Rocktopus 102 475 /DE)
- Die blaue Zone (LP: Reflektor 0060553 /DE); Tracks: Hühnerfarm / Auf der Piste / Mittelloch aus / Bereit für die Industrie / Die Nacht aus Blei / Wunderschöne märkische Heimat / Die glücklichen 80er /Berlin alamo / Nachrichten
- Hühnerfarm (12": Reflektor 0930063 /DE); Tracks: Hühnerfarm / Es kocht in der Stadt / Allein / Unterwegs
- Hühnerfarm b/w Allein (7": Reflektor 0030.515 /DE) 
- 30./31. Mai 1980: Berlin Rockzirkus
- 2. Sept. 1980: Berlin
- 11.-16. Nov. 1980: Interrock-Festival Berlin
- Punk Discographie 1977 - 1984, URL: http://www.punk-disco.com/NDW%20T-Z.htm, retrieved 26.6.2011
- Rock in Berlin Wiki, URL: http://www.rockinberlin.de/index.php?title=Z, retrieved 26.6.2011